My Criminal Defense Practice
Being charged with a crime is an experience that can leave many individuals confused about their next steps. They fail to understand that every criminal conviction ultimately will have an impact on their futures. If they do not take control of the situation, the severe consequences and penalties that may be handed down could leave them trapped in a very difficult position.
I am criminal defense attorney W. Scott Hanken and at my Springfield, Illinois, law firm, I provide representation to those who have been charged with crimes. I have practiced for more than 25 years, working as a prosecutor and a defense attorney, so I understand both sides of these issues.
Working Together To Build The Right Defense For You
My main goal in every criminal case is to ensure that your rights are protected throughout the process. I will be there to explain the charges to you and help you consider how you wish to proceed. I handle a number of different criminal law cases for my clients, including:
- Offering strong assistance to those who have been arrested and charged with driving under the influence (DUI)
- Providing dedicated representation to those facing drug trafficking, drug possession and other serious drug crimes
- Working tirelessly to present an aggressive defense to individuals accused of violent crimes, such as assault, sex crimes and domestic violence charges
- Defending individuals who have been charged with weapons offenses such as felon in possession of a firearm
- Appearing on behalf of motorists who have had their licenses suspended or have received a traffic ticket for speeding or other moving violations
- Protecting the rights of those who have been accused of retail theft, forgery and other theft crimes
- Helping clients obtain alternative sentencing arrangements and also assisting with post-conviction matters such as clemency and expungement
I want to make sure that you have the representation that you need to offer a strong defense against the accusations that you are facing. Whether negotiating a plea bargain or contesting these allegations at trial, I am confident that I will be able to help you protect your future.